Richard Baker Harrison Limited

Our History

Richard Baker Harrison Limited (RBH) was founded by Mr Richard Baker in London in 1858.  The early years of trading were concentrated on the London market, but in 1921 an office was established in Liverpool and rapidly became a most important element in the activities of the company.  In 1926 the undertaking became a Limited Company under the title of Richard Baker & Company Limited.

The present organisation has emanated from subsequent acquisitions of a number of mineral and chemical trading companies.  In 1959 Richard Baker & Company Limited purchased the capital of W Harrison & Company Limited.  With its amalgamation in 1965 we became Richard Baker Harrison Limited.  A further acquisition during this period was Kittle White & Company Limited, whose trading was also subsequently amalgamated with that of the parent organisation.

From the 1st January 1982 the trading of these two organisations was amalgamated with the parent company, and have subsequently been undertaken in the name of Richard Baker Harrison Limited.

Richard Baker Harrison Ltd in China

Since the early 1960’s we have developed links involving the sale of chemical and mineral products emanating from China.  We have enjoyed the benefit of close, friendly relationships with various state organisations responsible for production and export.  Today this activity represents an important element in our affairs, and in some cases, subsidiary companies have been established to handle this trade.

Richard Baker Harrison Ltd – UK Distributors of Gilsonite

On 1st January 1991 Richard Baker Harrison Limited acquired a 51% share in Mercian Powder Products Limited of Derby, as a result the group became involved in a number of additional products, most importantly the sale of gilsonite in the UK.  We are distributors for the American Gilsonite Company of Salt Lake City, Utah,

Richard Baker Harrison Ltd – ISO 9001

As part of our continuing commitment to improve quality we have established our own laboratory for testing purposes.  On 2nd September 1994 we achieved registration under ISO 9001.