Acti-Gel® – Alternative to Bentonite Clay
Buy Acti-Gel® From The Leading Supplier in UK & Ireland
Acti-Gel® is a superior alternative to bentonite clay in a range of applications.
Acti-Gel® is an inorganic thickener presenting significant benefits within water-based coatings, ceramic glazes, and agricultural products.
Acti-Gel® (Magnesium Aluminium Silicate) offers excellent rheology modification, anti-settling and thixotropic thickening solutions. It also:
- Eliminates sedimentation
- Decreases synerese
- Prevents settlement
- Excellent stability
- Adhesives & Sealants
Acti-Gel® offers the following benefits:
Acti-Gel® 208 is a highly purified, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate product with unique properties. Emanating from attapulgite clay, Acti-Gel® 208 prevents settlement and water floatation in a variety of applications:
- Water-based liquids, slurries and suspensions with ions and/or solids (with charge) can become highly pseudo plastic by addition of 0,01-3% (w/w) of Acti-Gel® 208.
- Water-based products show excellent workability, spray-ability, self-levelling properties, green strength and self-compacting properties since the viscosity is very low by the shear during application.
- Viscosity under shear is lower than with cellulose ethers.
- Once applied, viscosity will recover by absence of shear, resulting in unmatched stability (no bleeding, no segregation, high layer thickness, no syneresis, and no colour float).
- The dosing rate of Acti-Gel 208® depends on the amount of ions and/or solids with charge in your water based product. The level needed will be lower at high concentrations of ionic charges.
- The time needed for the viscosity to recover after applying shear also depends on this concentration of ionic charges. Recovery will be faster at higher concentrations of charge.
- Acti-Gel® also acts as a reinforcing filler in several applications.
▶ Complete the form on the right and one of our Market Specialists will be in contact to discuss how Acti-Gel® can meet your needs.
RBH is the UK’s leading supplier of Acti-Gel®. RBH offers an extensive range of mineral and chemical products and services, designed to help manufacturers worldwide overcome challenges in the production of complex formulations.We have a passion for enhancing product performance and are committed to building long-lasting relationships with our customers.
RBH partners with leading global producers as well as developing our own portfolio of world-renowned brand names. We operate out of 5 European warehouses, maintain a comprehensive technical centre, and a contract blending and repackaging plant.